How affordable are dental implants?
Posted by G. LARRY LEONAKIS on Jan 23 2021, 09:50 AM
Dental implants are one of the most sought-after dental restorations used to replace missing teeth. They are placed directly in the jawbone using the metal implant stud, pretty much like a natural tooth that is held in place with the help of a tooth root. They offer various advantages that make them the go-to solution for replacing missing natural teeth.
How much do dental implants cost?
There is no absolute answer to this question, as the cost of dental implants would vary based on many factors such as the type, function, placement, number of implants required, etc. Based on these aspects, each implant may cost you between $1500 to $2000. Apart from the cost of the implant itself, there are other costs such as:
- The ceramic crown (or all-on-4 restorations)
- Connecting abutment
- Tooth extraction
- Pre-operational and Post-operational care
Your dentist will discuss how much it would cost for your entire treatment based on all the requirements.
Are dental implants worth it?
Absolutely! When it comes to dentistry, replacing a missing tooth is of great importance as it restores both oral functionality and aesthetics. Every penny you invest in getting your extracted tooth restored using a dental implant would be worth it, as it offers a few advantages that its alternatives do not. Some of them are:
- Since implants are held in place with the help of a metal implant stud, they offer stability similar to a natural tooth. You may bite and chew food as you always do without worrying about the implant getting displaced or falling off.
- Implants strengthen the jawbone by holding it intact and helping it regrow. The implant stud holds it intact and keeps it from undergoing deterioration.
- The implant crown can be customized as required to match the aesthetics of the adjoining natural teeth precisely. This keeps it indistinguishable from them, allowing you to smile with confidence.
- Implants are long-lasting. They can last upwards of 15 to 20 years, provided you avoid unhealthy oral habits, biting hard objects, etc. The implant crown may need to be replaced once in 5 to 7 years, but the implant stud would remain as good as new for a long time.
- Implants offer impressive durability. The stud would be made from a highly strong and durable material, such as titanium, and the crown is fabricated from dental-grade ceramic.
- Implantation procedure has a high success rate, thanks to the thorough screening procedure we conduct before determining your candidacy for them. On average, more than 95% of implant surgeries are completed successfully as expected with no major concerns.
To have a consultation with our team of dental experts, please call our office or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.